Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just pondering: Is there such a thing as being TOO honest?


Just brief note:

I was thinking a bit earlier today while walking to the vitamin store, how would it read if you were on date with someone you really were enchanted by and they had a moment lucidity. They put down their drink and directly locks your eyes with their eyes and tell you in a "Matter-of-Fact" tone:


"I am not datable. I am slow to trust, and I will not trust you for some time but by the time i trust you completely and make the decision to allow you into my life, you will have become frustrated and insecure. You will think I don't care for you which will be partially true. It happens all the time..and I like you far too much to... "lead you on". I am only half way physically attracted to you. Because you are sweet and have a personality that shines i am more attracted to you. This allows me feel a tad bit obligated to sleep with you tonight if you pay the check so because i fear not being in control i will pay for my own meal and drinks- because i can not trust that you do not have ulterior motives in paying for this date.I don't want to feel further obligated to sleep with you. If any of what i said offends you or shoots up red flags I will not be offended if you left your half of the bill in cash while i go to bathroom and ditch me. I would actually prefer it because I dislike pressure and feeling as if i have responsibility, which is why i am single at the moment. There is pressure now to act as if i like you sexually. But i do like you intellectually. If you leave on your own, i get a way out of this uncomfortableness i feel because i do like you and I know that i am completely unsuitable for a decent guy like you."

If someone were THAT honest on a first date..would you appreciate their honesty? No one is THAT honest, but in a perfect world would you want to know all the faults and neurosis up front, baggage tagged and labeled with a nice thick black sharpie pen in BOLD??


Or is there a reason for the sometimes "fake", soft first moments you encounter with someone you like, in which you are supposed to politely hold all of your demons in the closet and slowly but surely usher them out one by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment